Join us and stand up for sustainability
Job Summary (JOB ID: AE20210901):
Seeking a qualified Agriculture Engineer to engage with Breakwater Vantage on a contract basis. Successful candidates will be contacted.
Breakwater Vantage Inc. is currently seeking an agricultural engineer to join our growing team of professionals. The position will be based out of our Calgary office and has the opportunity to become permanent status.
We are seeking an specialist who is highly motivated, independent, and committed to working with a diverse group of environmental staff; to increase farm production through agricultural engineering methods. Implement programs to create
quality standards in agricultural products. Design and develop farming strategies, implementations and equipment like robotics and precision farming through the use of:
• Computer software to design equipment, systems, or structures
• Modify environmental factors that affect crop production, such as airflow or runoff patterns on a field
• Ensure safety and reliability
• Plan and work together with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers to ensure effective and desirable outcomes.
The successful candidate will also provide guidance to a multi-disciplinary team of professionals on several diverse projects that could be occurring concurrently and will be responsible for producing technical work within their respective discipline. Project management, client relations, data collection, data analysis, and technical writing are
key functions. Work Details Include: Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposed sites or systems.
• Create graphical representations of mechanical equipment.
• Prepare proposal documents.
• Document technical design details. Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
• Advise others regarding green practices or environmental concerns. Design and supervise environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related industries.
• Develop operational methods or processes that use green materials or emphasize sustainability.
• Direct environmental development activities. Design agricultural machinery components and equipment, using computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
• Create graphical representations of mechanical equipment. Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that they can be evaluated, and necessary changes made.
• Communicate technical information to suppliers, contractors, or regulatory agencies.
• Discuss designs or plans with clients. Design food processing plants and related mechanical systems.
• Design industrial processing systems. Plan and direct construction and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
• Prepare detailed work plans. Supervise food processing or manufacturing plant operations.
• Direct industrial production activities. Design structures for crop storage, animal shelter and loading, and animal and crop processing, and supervise their construction.
• Design structures or facilities.
• Direct construction activities. External advisors to test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance.
• Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated
systems or equipment. Skills and Qualifications: Creative problem-solver with demonstrated technical abilities.
Seeking candidates who are in progress or possess a bachelor’s degree in agricultural engineering. The following skills are essential to getting the job done: Engineering experience – using engineering strategies to solve problems Expertise in biological science – a thorough understanding of biological science Math skills –advanced math skills such as calculus, trigonometry, and geometry Industrial design – designing agricultural equipment that is safer and more efficient Analytical thinking – examine complex agricultural systems that include machinery, equipment, workers, plants, animals, and environmental settings